Skip to content
Children and teachers both love the castle and come back again and again. Find out some of the top reasons why schools choose to come to us for a short break in great surroundings.
- Location – Castlewellan Castle is situated within the grounds of Castlewellan Forest Park overlooking Castlewellan lake and the magnificent Mourne Mountains.
- Evening Activities – We appreciate the sacrifice your teachers make in staying for 2 or 3 nights away from home. We offer evening entertainment helping to ease the burden.
- Programme – We offer a vast array of outdoor, team building activities and environmental programmes.
- Secure Environment – It’s one of the reasons many of our schools choose us. External coded doors. Castle staff on site day and night.
- Cost – Schools find us very competitively priced across both the education and private providers.
- Facilities – Audio visual equipment. Games room. En-suites recently installed in most of the teachers’ bedrooms. Castle cellar’s gift shop – Maud’s ice cream!! (FREE to teachers).
- Schools and Activities coordinator – Our dedicated Schools’ worker is here to help you choose the best options for your children and facilitate you during your stay.
- A Castle! – Amazing surroundings to simulate the imagination. Your children will love staying here, even the teachers!
- Capacity – we have 180 bed spaces with availability for school groups of 20 plus.
- Retention – High percentage of return school bookings.