OUR PRAYER FOR A CHEF
We are seeking God for someone who is a committed Christian and hard-working team player with previous experience in hospitality and catering. You’ll join our team as we work together to build a Christian community that is both welcoming and safe, inspiring and challenging and which enables guests and staff to encounter the transformative power of God’s love.
Our prayer is for someone who can offer the calling, gifts and experience outlined below:
• You have a growing Christian faith and a willingness to be a positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
• You have a warm, friendly and collaborative approach to your work and the team
• You believe that being faithful to the gospel means sharing the good news in both word and deed
GIFTS & STRENGTHS
• You will be able to work with our Manager and Catering Team to provide a high standard of meals for guests
• You will be able to stay calm under pressure and work efficiently to ensure meals are served on time
• You will be motivated by our vision to see lives transformed, enthusiastic about your work and willing to go the extra mile when necessary
• Working in a kitchen requires a certain amount of physical endurance so you’ll need to be able to meet basic fitness requirements
EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES
• You will be able to help write menus, place and receive orders and rotate stock
• You will understand how to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and food hygiene
• You will be comfortable training other team members when necessary
• You will be able to do all the paperwork and record-keeping associated with food hygiene
WE WOULD ALSO LOVE YOU TO HAVE
• Worked in a commercial kitchen or food services environment before
• A knowledge of the relevant Health and Safety regulations and COSHH
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
• A competitive monthly salary commensurate with experience
• A flexible work pattern with options for full and part time
• 28 days paid annual leave (increases with length of service)
• Opportunities for personal development and training
• Use of Centre facilities
• Favourable rates for family in Centre Ministries venues
• Being part of a vibrant Christian community in a fabulous location
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV to John Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal chat about the role please contact John on 028 43778733 or Morag Baxter, temporary catering supervisor, on 07725 901786.
Many thanks in advance for your prayerful consideration of this opportunity and for taking an interest in the life and ministry of Castlewellan Castle.